A 113-year-old freight house next to the Doylestown SEPTA station has a new tenant. The Station Doylestown opened for dinner in early April at 194 W. Ashland St., bringing a 400-seat restaurant into the former Reading Company rail building under three new owners.
Gent Mema, Joshua Friedberg and Orbelin Bitraj, a Montgomery County-based ownership group, closed on the business and its liquor license March 2, according to BucksCoToday. The trio declined to share the purchase price, though Bucks County liquor licenses alone are estimated at roughly $450,000.
The partners spent several weeks on cosmetic renovations, including fresh paint, updated lighting and decor changes before opening. The 8,500-square-foot interior retains its exposed steel trusses, industrial ceiling and brick accents from the building's 1913 construction, along with indoor and outdoor bars, a banquet room and a large patio overlooking active SEPTA Lansdale/Doylestown line trains.
The Station replaces Station Tap House, which operated for more than a decade before its original owners closed in March 2026. In a March 2026 farewell Instagram post, the outgoing owners told followers the new group would be "reshaping this beautiful property."
The menu leans Italian. That reflects the ownership group's background running five restaurants across Montgomery and Delaware counties: The Library in Collegeville, Versante, Antica Italian Restaurant and Wine Bar, and two Il Granaio locations. Diners can order oysters, tuna tartare, crab cakes and a full raw bar alongside dishes like Seafood Cioppino and Fish Francese with jumbo lump crabmeat over linguine. The cocktail list nods to the building's railroad past with names like Engine on the Rum, Last Train in Moscow and The Orient Espresso.
The Station is the group's first Bucks County venture. They are also expanding at the Jersey Shore, with plans for the reopening of Salty Mermaid Bar and Grill and a new concept in the former Trio North Wildwood space, according to the Philadelphia Business Journal.
The building's history stretches to 1871, when the Reading Railroad first arrived in Doylestown and transformed the borough into a regional hub. The freight house went up four decades later in 1913, receiving building materials and food products by rail for local shops. It later housed a nightclub called The Freight House in the early 2010s before becoming Station Tap House.
The Station Doylestown is open for dinner. Reservations and menu details are available at thestationdoylestown.com or by calling (215) 348-1663.



